Bazel 3.2 has just been released.
Bazel 3.2 is not a major release. As such, updating from Bazel 3.1 is expected to be straightforward.
- The following flags were renamed, removed or replaced:
--experimental_slim_json_profilewas renamed to
- Action objects created by
ctx.attr.writenow expose their
contentfor inspection (in analysis-time tests) even when generated by an
- Starlark rules can now read attributes that apply Starlark split transitions.
- Starlark rules can now create symlinks using
aquery_differ_v2that works with the new aquery proto output format.
- Restore case-sensitivity to
/Iinclude scanning detection to avoid conflicts.
- Improve include scanner support for
- Add new flag
--experimental_no_product_name_out_symlink. When enabled, the
bazel-outsymlink won’t be created if a different name is given to
- Bazel can now recursively delete non-executable but readable directories.
This release contains contributions from many people at Google, as well as Alessandro Patti, Antoine Eiche, Beebs, Brian Silverman, George Gensure, Gerhard Pretorius, Gibson Fahnestock, Greg, Gregor Jasny, Gustav Westling, Jin, Jonathan Gerrish, Josh Smith, Justin Y Wei, Laurent Le Brun, Links, László Csomor, Matt Mackay, Moritz Kröger, Ryan Beasley, Siddhartha Bagaria, Yannic Bonenberger, Zhongpeng Lin, hannometer, liubang.