Please report any update problems.
- The query flag
--host_deps(commonly used as
--nohost_deps) has been renamed to
--tool_deps, and now also removes dependencies in any execution configuration from being reported in the query output. The previous flag name is deprecated and will be removed in a future release.
- Small adjustments in error reporting. Errors during code evaluation will cause the execution to stop (the following errors were often misleading). Multiple validation errors can now be reported.
- Ignacio Le Fluk wrote an article about using Bazel with the Angular CLI.
- Tweag.io published two articles: Bazel, Cabal, Stack: Why choose when you can have them all? and Bazel's persistent worker mode for GHC.
- Юра Панарин wrote about Creating Go Monorepo with Go-modules and Bazel.
- Wassim Chegham explains how to Build Your Serverless Azure Function Apps With Bazel.
- Alex Eagle wrote a tutorial for Layering in Bazel for Web with an example project.
- If you’re interested in using Bazel on Gitlab CI, read Brian Michalski’s article.
- Laurence Urhegyi wrote about Testing Bazel's Remote Execution API.
- Ryan Martens gave a talk “Build and Test like Google” at the North America Google Developer Experts Summit.
- Dan Garfield talked about Using Multi-Stage Docker, Go, Java,& Bazel to DESTORY Long Build Times on DevOpsTV.
- Chris Love and Tamao Nakahara discussed Streamlining Kubernetes Application CI/CD with Bazel.
This release contains contributions from many people at Google, as well as Andrew Suffield, Austin Schuh, Bor Kae Hwang, Brian Richardson, Christy Norman, Clint Harrison, Dan Halperin, Dave Lee, David Neil, David Ostrovsky, George Gensure, Greg, Jacob Parker, Jakub Bujny, John Millikin, Keith Smiley, marcohu, Marwan Tammam, Mostyn Bramley-Moore, Stepan Koltsov, Thi Don, Thi, Tomasz Strejczek.