Bazel 0.13 has just been released!
BUILD / bzl files
- The flag
--incompatible_show_all_print_messagesis removed. Messages generated by print statements from any package will be displayed as debug messages.
--incompatible_disallow_uncalled_set_constructorflag is no longer available, the set constructor has been completely removed. Use depset instead.
REPOSITORY_NAMEare deprecated in favor of functions package_name() and repository_name().
- Do not auto-detect base in the int() function if the input starts with '0'.
- Strings have a new .elems() method that provides an iterator on the characters of the string.
- The android.jar target
//tools/defaults:android_jarhas been moved to
- In android_binary, the attribute
manifest_mergerhas been removed, and the
legacymerging strategy is no longer supported. Manifests are now merged according to the semantics on the Android Studio documentation page.
- The AAR output of an
android_librarytarget now packages the merged
proguard_specsattribute. It does not contain the proguard specs of transitive dependencies. android_library AAR output now contains
- Enable dependency checking for aar_import targets.
optional_*_flagfields from CROSSTOOL, they are not used, and could be expressed using features.
action_configsfor static libraries. So instead of 4
action_configsyou only have to specify one
- Properly handle tree artifacts on the link command line coming from a cc_library dependency. See example of usage. Generated header propagation is not yet supported.
- In Windows, you can now pass
--experimental_shortened_obj_file_path=trueto shorten the object file path. Use this flag to mitigate C++ compilation errors from too long paths on Windows.
- You can now access three new functions in
- Move (c/cxx)opts from
- The j2objc configuration fragment has been exposed.
--incompatible_disable_objc_provider_resourcesto turn off all resource-related fields of the Objc provider.
- In the Debian and Fedora packages, the global bazelrc (typically installed at
/etc/bazel.bazelrc) is an empty file, removing the previous
[--test_env](https://docs.bazel.build/versions/master/command-line-reference.html#flag--test_env)defaults. If the file has been changed on your local system, your package manager may report that you need to manually merge the change.
volatile-status.txtnow contains seconds (and not milliseconds) since the epoch. For more information, see the User's Manual.
- Bazel now displays information about remote cache hits and execution strategies used in its UI after every build and test. It also adds a corresponding "process stats" line to BuildToolLogs event in BEP.
- Print correct build result for builds with
- Removed support for
bazel dump --vfs, as it's no longer meaningful.
- Salesforce released a tool to migrate from Maven to Bazel.
- Ulf Adams gave a talk at SF Scala: Bazel - a Brief Overview.
Discuss on Hacker News.