We've recently open-sourced Bazel plugins for IntelliJ and Android Studio.
- Import a project directly from a BUILD file.
- BUILD file integration: syntax highlighting, refactoring, find usages, code completion, etc. Skylark extensions are fully supported.
- Compile your project and get navigatable Bazel compile errors in the IDE.
- Buildifier integration
- Support for Bazel run configurations for certain rule classes.
- Run/debug tests directly through Bazel by right-clicking on methods/classes/BUILD targets.
How do I get started?
To try them out, you can install them directly from within the IDE (Settings > Plugins > Browse repositories), download them from the JetBrains plugin repository, or build directly from source.
Detailed docs are available here.
The plugins are currently Linux-only, with plans for Mac support in the future.